When I was in High School Band, my director always said, “your audience at a concert will best remember the first song and the last song, so make it your best”!
This tastefully decadent desert – smooth, cool, and a delight to consume will do just that! It’s the finale to end all finales.
You will need to slip into the kitchen to prepare at the last moment before serving, but by having all ingredients and the blender in one spot you’ll be back in “two shakes of a sheep’s tail”, And when you start delivering it to the table, I promise the “ooh’s and aah’s” will make it ll worthwhile.
You can use coffee ice cream or coffee gelato. I prefer the gelato for a purer taste.
The yield is 5 cups – its easy to double, and I suggest doing so if you have 5-6 people.
- ½ tsp dark instant coffee granules
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 pint coffee gelato (or coffee ice cream)
- ¼ cup Brandy
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Grated Chocolate
- Combine coffee granules and hot water, stirring until granules dissolve.
- Pour coffee into a blender, adding gelato, brandy, and chocolate syrup.
- Process until smooth and combined, stopping once to scrape down the sides.
- Pour into glasses (I like martini) and garnish. Serve immediately.