Meaning: To spread or smear (a substance) thickly or liberally.
This word says it all for this recipe! No need to say more except that its a lot of bang for your time.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ cups half-and-half milk
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Chop Cauliflower into 2 - 3 inch pieces
- Steam in a pot with 3 inches water for 15 minutes
- In a skillet, melt butter, and add flour - stirring constantly
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly until mixed
- Stir in Gruyere Cheese
- When Cauliflower is soft to touch, drain, and place in serving dish. Spread/slather cheese sauce over cauliflower
- Sprinkle Paprika across top