We still have warm days that call for a refreshing drink. For a change of pace, try Jamaica or Hibiscus tea.
It’s healthy for you, has a lot of vitamins and its a beautiful, refreshing drink.
Simply add the dried hibiscus flowers to boiled water with a little sugar, a sweetener like stevia, or honey and let it steep. Strain out the flowers, let cool and pour over ice. Serve in glasses over ice.
I have even added a little lemon juice and mint for a slightly tart flavor.
You could also add sparkling water for a little fizz.
This is a drink you find quite often all over Mexico, Its even quite common to serve a Hibiscus Margarita!
- 1 package dried Hibiscus Flowers
- 2 quarts water
- 1-2 cups dried hibiscus flowers
- ½ cup sugar
- Rinse and drain the hibiscus flowers.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the hibiscus flowers and sugar
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes or so.
- Chill and Serve
- I cut the sugar in 1/2 from the package recommendations, so you can adjust according to your taste.
- If you just divide the dried flowers in 1/2, one package will yield 2 pitchers of tea.