Megan Traeger, an experienced RV’er spent 6 weeks last summer with her family of four traversing the US National parks. Lucky for us, she is sharing her hacks for meal planning on the road.
When traveling, she likes to have the ingredients handy and easy to snag. So, she packs all ingredients needed for a recipe in paper bags marked with the name of the dish. After coming in from hiking, sight-seeing, or just traversing the highway, this method takes the guess work out of preparation.
Megan’s family favorite is “Cheesy Taco Pasta”. RVs are short on refrigerator space, and in this case, only the ground meat and shredded cheese takes a precious spot.
Come on board the Traeger “Adventure” and view Megan preparing this simple, yummy one pot dinner with a Tex-Mex ring to it at our website: www.texicureans.com You’ll also find a handy list of staples Megan says to keep in your pantry. Happy exploring!
Cheesy Taco Pasta
- ½ lb pasta (we prefer shells or cavatappi)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Cook pasta according to the directions and drain into colander.
- Add ground beef to the pan and brown.
- Add the water and taco seasoning, stir well, and cook until the water is gone. Turn off heat.
- Add the salsa and cheese to the pan, lightly stirring.
- Stir in the pasta and coat it in the cheese taco meat goodness.
- Top with crunchy tortilla chips, sour cream, or guacamole.