This tangy Cole slaw can be used as a side dish or you can add protein for a complete lunch.
I use local Texas honey, Texas olive oil, and a good apple cider vinegar with the “mother”.
A huge plus of this salad is that it will last two weeks in the refrigerator! Talk about a time saver!
So, invite some friends over ( it serves 12) or enjoy it as a quick side on summer nights for you and your specials.
Tangy Honey Slaw
- 1 large head cabbage
- 2 large Texas sweet onions
- 1 cup Texas local honey
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾-1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- ¾ cup EVOO
- Shred cabbage and onions in a food processor.
- Mix Honey, vinegar, salt, mustard, and celery seed and oil in a saucepan and bing to a rolling boil.
- Pour over cabbage and cover immediately.
- Chill 2-4 hours
Will keep up to two weeks refrigerated.