Banana peppers are prolific in my garden right now. One of my favorite ways to use them is stuffed as an appetizer or even a meal accompaniment. This recipe is easy and attractive. For a colorful rendition, purchase a bag of mini sweet peppers. True to my mantra that you can never have too much garlic, in this recipe you can never have too much cilantro! Cilantro gives it that fresh earthy flavor!. Slice the peppers in ½, mix the remainder ingredients in a stand mixer (or use your muscles and stir by hand), stuff the peppers, and grill!
- 1 Bag Banana peppers (from the garden or a bag of multi-colored mini pepper from the store)
- 2 8 ounce packages Cream cheese
- 2 Jalapeños seeded and chopped (your taste)
- 1 tbsp Dried garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Slice peppers in half and seed
- Place remainder of ingredients in a stand mixer – or replace your morning arm workout and mix by hand.
- Spoon mixture in a gallon plastic bag, snip one corner and pipe filling into peppers.
- Place on a a disposable grill topper on the grill and sear just until peppers begin to blister.
- Remove and serve!Easy, Squeezy!