The decorations are packed away, the tree is down, but there may remain a remnant of the holidays, frozen in your freezer- left-over turkey. Here’s a recipe to take that ‘ol turkey to another level: Zesty Turkey Salad.
Spicy pickles, horseradish, and cumin come together in one taste sensation! And the recipe only has two steps! Ok, there is a little dicing, etc. but on the whole, its a snap.
You can serve it on lettuce leaves as I show here,or thinly slice a baguette and make mini sandwiches ready for lunch. I prepared this recipe for 8 so you’ll have plenty protein to munch on for the week. Watch it, though, it may disappear faster than you anticipate!
Zesty Turkey Salad
- 4 cups cubed, cooked turkey
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 3 microwaved eggs, chopped
- ⅓ cup zesty pickles
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- Combine the turkey, onion, eggs, and pickles in a large bowl.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, horseradish, cumin, paprika, and black pepper together in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Stir sour cream mixture into turkey mixture until evenly coated.
- Let sit in fridge for an hour or so before serving to let the flavors meld together.