Texas is a plethora of adventures waiting to be explored. Rivers, lakes, hills, forests, and trails all await our discovery. Being physically ready to tackle a hike, navigate a river in a kayak or enjoy a day walking the beach, simply makes it more enjoyable.
Below Jessi Oehler shares with you some key exercises that you can do in your own home for a few minutes a day thereby developing muscles ready to tackle a fun outing.
10 – 15 squats to bench or chair
5 – 10 push ups to bench or chair
10 -20 Alternating Lunges
10 – 15 Knee Raises
View the video below for a demonstration
- Chicken Breasts - Number dictated by # of Meals
- Whole Pork Butt or Shoulder
- Low Sodium Canned Black beans and corn
- HEB prepared Pico
- 2 - 3 Veggies of choice
- Baked Chicken: Dice raw chicken breast, season with your favorite seasonings and place in oven on 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Crockpot Pulled Pork: Place pork butt or shoulder in crockpot with 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce. Cook on high for about 4 hours
- Pico: Combine low sodium canned black beans and corn with HEB prepared pico. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Roasted Veggies: Chop veggies of choice and place on a baking sheet. Season with your favorite herbs. Can toss with a little EVOO if desired. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for about 10 - 15 minutes.