Crunch, moist, with a little tang – I love this pie! So many times cranberries are the accompaniment, but in this pie they are the unadulterated STAR!
Cranberries provide sweet and slightly tart flavors while Texas pecans give this pie a delightful crunch!
So easy to assemble since there is no crust: you simply dump all the ingredients into the pie pan after mixing the batter. A simple top of pie adornment is to use a stencil (large leaf for fall – or Christmas tree for Christmas) and dust with powdered sugar. See video here.
Since it freezes easily, you can declutter your holiday by baking several days ahead. It is best when served slightly warm – so thaw and place in your oven on low temp while you enjoy your holiday meal. Remove from oven and top with whipped cream if desired.
Easy, Peasy, Cranberry Pie
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1 cup Texas pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a deep dish 9-inch pie plate with the butter wrapper. Melt butter in microwave. (I like to do this first so butter has a chance to cool slightly).
- Add cranberries to the pan. Sprinkle the pecans evenly across the top, followed by 2/3 cup sugar
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl, and slowly add butter - whisking as you pour.
- Stir in vanilla, almond flavoring, 1 cup of sugar, flour, and salt until combined.
- Pour batter evenly over the berry mixture.
- Bake until golden for about 40 minutes
- Let pie cool 1 hour and dust with powdered sugar (use a stencil if desired). Serve warm and top with whipped cream when serving.