This is the perfect spring salad! I love it when 2 seasons collide – when you can still buy Texas ruby red grapefruit and blueberries are abundant. Add mint, a little honey, and you have a colorful, flavorful salad.
This is as easy as slicing 2 grapefruits 6 ways, remove from skin, then divide each section into 1/4’s. Throw in a carton of blueberries. Remove mint leaves from stem and slice into 1/4” pieces. Slightly stir the mint and honey in the fruit and Voila! Its a color explosion!
You can even throw this on top of some salad greens for a lunch salad.
- 2 large Texas grapefruit
- 1 carton blueberries (about 2 cups)
- 3 large sprigs fresh mint
- 2 tbsp Texas local honey
- Cut grapefruit in six sections. Using a serrated edge knife, remove meat from skin. Cut sections in 1/4’s and add to bowl.
- Add blueberries
- Remove mint leaves from stem. Stack on top of each other and slice into 1/4 in pieces.
- Add mint leaves to salad and stir in honey.