Thanksgiving is a time for tradition. We all have our fave dishes! What if you could take one of the expected dishes and turn it into an unexpected burst of flavor? That’s exactly what Roasted Sweet potatoes and Cranberries accomplishes.
Once roasted, the cranberries release their juices in little pockets of flavor AND the colors of the sweet potatoes and cranberries make a splendid presentation.
Add cinnamon, and you have a beautiful taste combination. Cinnamon just seems to pair really well with the sweet potatoes.
Of course, Texas pecans add just the perfect crunch to this fabulous showstopper.
At a time of the year that your time is in so much demand, this dish is easy, takes very little time, and has big health as well as show benefits!
I can hear the “ooooooh’s” and ahhhhhh’s now!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cranberries
- 6 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 8 oz bag cranberries
- 1 cup Texas pecans or walnuts
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Texas olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes, cranberries, and nuts in a large roasting pan.
- Combine maple syrup, olive oil, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Pour liquids over sweet potato mixture and stir until well mixed
- Roast in oven for 40-50 minutes