Ahhhhh, just the mention of meatloaf conjures up a happy experience. In this New Braunfels cemetery, a woman is given the best compliment even as a memorial!
Enjoy this healthy version that promises to comfort you in all your earthly problems – in the first few bites.
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 1 large organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 lb ground chicken (pasture-raised if possible)
- 1 tsp oregano - if fresh, 1 tbsp leaves
- ¼ tsp dried garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place all ingredients in standing mixer with dough hook. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread 1 tbsp oil in bottom of 9 x 13 pan
- Divide meat mixture in 1/2 and form 2 loaves.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Let rest for about 15 minutes before serving.